Red, White, and Blue Muffins
Can you believe it?
It's almost Labor Day, which also means summer is coming to a close. But there's still time to squeeze some BBQ grub and goodies before its officially over. Whether or not you are hosting a party or attending one this Labor Day weekend, these Red, White and Blue Muffins will surely delight - and with no guilt! If you are just keeping it cozy with the fam, bake these muffins up for a surprise that will make them smile ear-to-ear.
Happy Labor Day!
- 1 Cup Coconut Banana Früzinga
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 3/4 Cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar or Sweetener of Choice
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Granola
- Sugar To Sprinkle On Top Of Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners - or use smaller muffin cups to double the amount.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar) into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together (Früzinga, coconut oil, egg, and granola).
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. Stir with a spatula until the flour is moistened.
- Add the raspberries and blueberries. Stir gently.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place the muffins on the middle rack and bake for 20-30 minutes. To ensure the muffins are ready, poke a toothpick into the muffins center until it comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool.